View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 05:46 AM   #158
Ockrocket
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by my3sons59 View Post
I agree with you that the S10 is looking like a serioius consideration. Question: if you were going on a 500 mile solo trip, would you tend to take the Wee or the KLE? Why?
For such a short ride I'd take......

The KLE if it was primarily dirt roads and trails, but the KLE is tar capable at 70mph even loaded with camping gear.

The Wee if it was primarily tar, but the Wee is more than capable on dirt with the right tyres [I have a Mefo Explorer on the front and a Mitas E07 on the rear].

My day rides run up to 250 miles [300-400 km]

My trips run two weeks on average and around 1,500 miles [I think I've done the maths about right- 2,400 km]

If I had to own just one bike to do it all........the KLE because it is lighter and better on the dirt, 30% tar/70% dirt while still capable of long distance touring [apart from the small fuel tank, but a Rotopax jerry can solves that].

But if I was doing more tar, like 70%/30% then the Wee would get the nod instead.

Unfortunately Kawasaki never continued the KLE500, it would be a top contender against the mid range DR650-KLR650-KTM-BMW- and so on, pack of bikes.

"All roads lead to now."

I love snatching kisses..... and vice versa.
Ockrocket is offline   Reply With Quote