View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #2097
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic View Post
I was just reading the latest Rally Raid Review tweets and was interested to read about the Despres to Yamaha speculation. I totally understand (and agree with) the sentiment that someone of CDPs stature in rallying wouldn't contemplate a regional team like Yamaha (France/Europe) but I can't help wondering with all the delay in him announcing anything whether his proposed "dream move" to HRC is on the rocks? If that were the case it may be a best of the rest situation for Le Patron......... Just my speculation of course.
To be honest that isn't such a silly idea - after all, who better than Yamaha France to support the no.1 French rider?

The WRs (and it's JVO derivatives) have proved themselves already with Podium places in the hands of Fretigne and Rodrigues (and often against the 690s too), and it is arguably still the strongest of all the current 450cc enduro based bikes/engines out there...

And hey, wouldn't it be sweet for Despres to beat the Peterhansel's record riding on a Yamaha too!

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote