View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #6056
Aprilia
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayinroach View Post
What year was your first KLR and what did you pay? And how long did you own it?

What's your least favorite thing about your KLR? (2 if you got em)

What's the top 3 things you like about your KLR?

Doin some HW and just curious of some input. Thx in advance
Picked up my 92 in 2010 for $200. It had been left sitting in a backyard for over 12yrs with only 2450 miles on the odo. I was looking for a small project and figured this bike would be fun. The last few years I've found restoring bikes to be a fun hobby. I had just restored a 95 XR

and figured KLR would be fun. I'd never ridden one and frankly never gave much thought to the KLR as spec's wise its a lousy bike...over weight, under suspended old old technology.

Completed the restoration and took it for a few rides. For whatever reason I liked the bike. Something about being old school I guess. I did a few upgrades (brakes, suspension and motard wheels) and have since put nearly 40K miles on it. Even picked up an 08 last year though I must admit it mostly sits now. Still prefer the 92. The original paint is so ugly its almost cool now. Recently picked up a 94 Barbie for restoration. Its body paint is SO UGLY I'm not sure even I can find it cool in any way. lol. My better half stated she'd never be seen on the back of it.

Aprilia is offline   Reply With Quote