View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #17
mario94901 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Wicked Clear Lake Ride from Marin....

Thought I'd update this with a recent ride we did. We headed out of San Rafael around 7:30, and went to Fremont Diner on 121 near napa for a bite before we headed out. GREAT food! House smoked bacon, home made sausage...ricotta pancakes. yea...its legit. Very good...

Went with 2 other buddies... one on an SV 650, and another on a Kawasaki Concourse 14.

We headed out on hwy 29 N, and then to 128 West towards Berryessa. We took a left onto Berryessa Knoxville Road.. beautiful road, but pretty bumpy. Also, about 5 stream crossings... they look great, but they are really slick!! My buddies bikes obviously weren't really geared for this, but they did well. Minus the mishaps with the SV! My buddy went down in one of the crossings... he gave a little too much throttle, and fish tailed and went down. Slid about 30 feet on the frame slider, AND his Dianese pants...
They all held up well....Gotta love frame sliders. I lost traction on my front in one of the crossings..but I was good.

Here's a snap of the clutch lever...frankenstein looking..

Here's the broken shift lever....... had to figure something out!

Here's our jimmy rig lever... goog thing we had some wire with us! Worked great to get him home.

The Frame Slider that took most of the impact.....

A few other shots of Berryessa Knoxville Road, and the bikes.

We rode 29N to Siegler Canyon Road.... and took that South. Plan was to stay on the road, but ended up taking a detour on a dirt road. My buddies weren't too happy with that.... lol But, they powered through.
Road picked back up at Harbin Springs Road. We ended up stopping at Busters BBQ in Calistoga for a bite and beer. BBQ was meh... (think mine is better) but the beer was delicious! Great spot to stop on the way home. There was a cop parked right at the T where Busters is. BEWARE...

3 way bbq plate..

Ben is still smiling after the fall....trooper.

All in all, was a great day ride. Rode about 215 miles all up. My ass was def feeling it...but would do it again. Beautiful roads out there....

When I got back.....had to throw my protective gear on my bike after that ride!

Alt Rider Crash bars

SW Motech Skid Plate

SW Motech Center Stand

Thanks for checking the post out guys....
mario94901 is offline   Reply With Quote