View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #8
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,411
I have had my F800 for 4.5 years. Not entirely happy for the first year. More recalls and service upgrades done than I thought worthy of a "Superior" motorcyle. All fixed under warranty and NO problems for the past 3.5 years.

I thought it felt light in front. Certainly got the weave above 75 with dual sport tires. It is light in front according to Motorcyle Consumer News. Depending what you weigh and what you carry, a simple adjustment of the rear preload, lowering the forks a little probably will fix it. If you are 200 or better, respringing the bike will certainly fix it.

I added a Laminar lip for the front. It keeps wind off the chest, but you can get blasted by contrary wind. I bought it because I did not want to spend a lot of money on something I am likely to break if I dump the bike.

I have replaced my suspension. Not Ohlins quality but good enough for where I take the bike off road. If you plan on some low speed dirt crawling, get a fuel module. High tech Coon ass makes one that is cheep.

I also have the Scott stabilizer. Between it and the suspension this bike is on rails. Off road, if it gets a little loose, just tweek the throttle a bit.

It you plan to cruise this bike with luggage attached at 80mph. Be prepared for a major dump in your mileage. I have run a 17 tooth front sprocket. It makes the engine smoother, but you may find yourself shifting down a little more often. Not that much saved in fuel mileage.
The engine seems smooth at that speed for me. Either is has broke in or I got used to it.

itsatdm screwed with this post 04-22-2013 at 06:49 PM
itsatdm is offline   Reply With Quote