View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #3879
Roadracer_Al
louder, louder, louder!

Oddometer: 1,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farkleberry View Post
Now I'm worried. That's where I take my bike. What's wrong with the service?
I admit to my share of blame in this tale -- I requested a goodwill replacement of a known bad part (MFG knows this part fails, it's part of the DOT required safety equipment, they have a redesigned part) -- and the service dept. said "OK, yeah, we'll submit the warranty claim to the MFG.".

Weeks turn into months, I don't hear anything. So I call. They say "Oh, yeah, didn't you get the email? We need pictures." So I send them pictures. Yet more weeks turn into yet more months. I call again. They tell me they need the pictures again. So I send them again. Weeks turn into months AGAIN and I don't hear anything, so I call. They say that the "duplicate request" has been denied because the first request was fulfilled already. WTF? So, now I don't have the part, and the MFG thinks I already received one.

This is a $400 part, so I went to Scuderia to find out WTF, and they declined to "rat out" another dealer, and suggested I take it up again with them.

I absolutely should have been more persistent, and kept them on a much shorter leash. BUT, imho... I should HAVE to keep my vendors on any kind of leash, they should be proactive in contacting me when IMPORTANT SHIT happens, like the MFG declining my warranty claim.
New Rider Training in the San Francisco Bay Area at Motorcycle University". Learn to Ride...Better!
Roadracer_Al is online now   Reply With Quote