View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 12:45 AM   #24
GuiltyParty OP
drifter

Oddometer: 313
With our London days rapidly counting down we thought we'd better tick off a couple of things we haven't done yet.

The man

That's a shit load of bombs. During the bombings Churchill would stand on the roof of the building

Incredibly during the war the bunker wasn't directly hit. A good thing, because despite all the fortifications and reinforcements they added to the building to make it bomb proof it was never fully completed. It's said that a direct hit could have caused the building above to collapse into the bunker.

The War Cabinet

The halls

Churchill loved his maps. Add a motorbike and some tools and this room would be an ADV'ers wet dream

Going to miss London...

We wandered over to the ACE Cafe to see what all the fuss was about. Loads of people said I should go for a visit but I thought it was just be a bunch of old guys sitting around drinking tea talking about their goldwings....boy was I wrong!!! This place is like a circus with all types of bike enthusiast, from the aforementioned goldwing riders (not that there is anything wrong with that) to the adventure crew.

"We need an intercomm"

One of the Mondo Enduro bikes

Mondo Enduro - Austin Vince's bike. After Patty saw the tank bags she's now wondering why we don't have any - "if he's riding the world on his own and needs that, why don't we have that and we're two people?". "Because more bags means you'll bring your whole makeup kit babe"

We've been in touch with the Russian visa centre and they're pretty confident we'll have the visa before we leave....