View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 02:44 AM   #2043
Gundy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 893
Don't do it unless you absolutely need the cash. I've sold too many perfectly good, personalized bikes sometimes because of "no time to ride", and sometimes just because I'm a bike whore. With a great all arounder like the Sertao, especially one you have just setup, I think you will regret it big time. Sounds bad but it's the perfect bike to have around if you don't have much time to ride....it will do a lot of different things when you finally get a free day, and it's a backup vehicle. Of course if you need the money for something legit, you won't have regrets. Still, Nothing wrong with having a low mileage bike around!

Mine only has 100 something on it but I'd rather let it rot in my garage than have a nice day and no bike. My bro has a rule for bikes....need to ride at least a mile per dollar you paid for it before its ok to move on

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdennan View Post
You guys are going to kill me. I haven't been riding at all since my 100 mile breakfast ride:( I manage an estate and that is slow right now but I took on a little side job running a cool little bicycle shop nearby, so I have been busy building bikes and getting the spring orders in. I haven't even been pedalling
I did feel on that ride however, that the ride didn't feel any stiffer other than the resistance to diving. Progressive springs are supposed to feel like stock initially and that is about what I have experienced so far.
I had the fender on since last year. I only rode it a few times without it at first and it does help a little in keeping some of the shit off the boots. Better but not completely. I'll take it. The big(er) difference for me is the reduced amount of spray that comes up in front that used to really plaster the headlight. Much better now. And since I don't bushwhack I don't have radiator guards so the fender keeps stones from spitting up into the front of the bike.

But if I don't ride this poor bike this summer I think I might sell it. I hate keeping things like this that I don't use. It's not fair to the bike. Between my young family, riding my bicycles and working (a little:) I don't see how I'm going to get any time on it. And I just spent all that money

'12 Tenere, '04 Tiger, '09 WRR, '06 DRZ, '06 TW, '01 250 EXC, '09 KLR

Gundy screwed with this post 04-23-2013 at 02:54 AM
Gundy is online now   Reply With Quote