View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #928
reenmachine
Rain or Shine

Oddometer: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by greying View Post
I just spoke to the service manager and he told me there were no bulletins associated with my bike. He says it is likely the battery needing a charge. I always have the bike on a battery tender when at home so I always leave with a full charge. He claims that you need to ride at 4000 rpm for 1/2 hr or so to replenish the power used up for start. I am not a mechanic but... Anyways, since he was not familiar with the bulletin, I sent him the details. I am curious though, if I have a no start and called roadside, would they bring my bike to the closest dealer which is about 200 miles away but is not the dealer I bought it from. It would be Newmarket BMW. Having a BMW is a learning experience :)
Yes, roadside assistance will take it to the nearest dealer. Insist on getting the work done before you have to resort to that though, or use it to get the bike from your home to the dealer to get the fix done they should have done in the first place.

Do keep an eye on the OEM battery if you keep it though. It's not a sealed type so you have to keep it topped off somewhat regularly -- I learned this the hard way. Now I'm running a LiFe battery from Ballistic and it's awesome.

reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote