View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #8410
Head2Wind
MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer: 2,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-10ENG View Post
Anyone ever have a rear brake lock up on them??

I just got back from a 2-day ride and everything was fine. I unloaded the bike at a friends house and rode home approx. 2 miles. By the time I got home the rear brake was locked almost to the point that I could not move the bike. Rear brake lever had zero travel in the driveway. I had to bleed the rear brake to get the bike rolled into the garage.

Any in-sight into this problem would be great.

Thanks
My 08 was doing this, was related to the bushing area of the lever pivot being fouled with crap and the lever would stick down holding the rear brake on. I also had bent and straightened lever several times so I ended up replacing the lever assembly with this billet one from ADVmachines For the 08-10 bikes it does require changing the bolt out to the newer style. It was a complete transformation of the feel of the rear brake on my 690.

Head2Wind is offline   Reply With Quote