View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #303
MWValley
Gadget Guy Supérieur

Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilClown View Post
I've been corrected a few times when I say trip-oh-LEE.

Gonna have to get the list of Tamworth/Sandwich gravel roads from you. Prolly have a few of them in my collection but i'm sure you have others.

Kanc, to Passaconaway to West Side to Hurricane is a nice return.
Funny thing, I've been corrected too when saying Trip-OH-lee. Mebbe it IS Triple-EYE. In any event it's very good. I can't believe I seen it on maps for years and only started using it a few years ago. It's a good one.

As for Tamworth and Sandwich gravel roads, pretty much everything inside of the Rt 113A loop is great. Fowlers Mills Road between Rt 16/Lake Chocorua and the 113A loop is very nice too. I can spend a whole afternoon putting all over that. If you cross the Durgin Covered Bridge over the Cold River, look to your left (west) just as you cross the bridge facing north. There's a cool old woods road/path that follows the river. It goes maybe 3/4 of a mile and runs into the Quaker Whiteface Road. And if you're over that way in North Sandwich turn west off 113A onto the Wing Road. Then a short distance later turn north onto the Hannah Road go past a windmill and over a hill, where you will find the Sandwich Creamery. Awesome ice cream and cheese. They are open every day from 0900 until (get this!) 2200 hours. Amazing.

When life hands you melons, you could be dyslexic.

MWValley is offline   Reply With Quote