View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #168
Aarrff OP
Gravel Grinder

Oddometer: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer View Post
still lovin all your rides :)
Thanks for looking in again kitesurfer. Behind a little on posting up so maybe have some time tonight to work on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn Man View Post
Looks like you are having a blast!
Really fun ride down in the major areas of Big Bend yesterday mtn Man. Awesome place...more later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwpeebles View Post
Thanks for posting.

That field of Canola reminds me of Manitoba ... big crop up there. They used to call it rapeseed when I was growing up ... hmmm, not PC I guess. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapeseed .

We camped at Lake Livingston on our trip out that way in 2012.

Keep 'em coming.

rw
Hey Richard and Suzanne! Lake Livingston is a big place. I am back to Boerne Tx tonight. Had planned to go north from Big Bend toward New Mexico but the weather changed my route. In Amarillo this morning, it was 30 degrees and freezing rain with a high today of 36. Following days not looking good either. I rode all day in the park at 95-102 degrees then when I got up to head out this morning, it was 38 deg F and 35 mile per hour wind. I fought a cross wind and some rain 284 miles to Boerne and I am tired so will get back in here later. I did not bring my heated gear so wore light fleece under my suit and then stopped and put on my rain suit and that held the heat in pretty good. I think I did most of it listing to starboard irradically..

R1200GSA, R 80 RT ( adv project )
Honda XR 70 R
Aarrff is offline   Reply With Quote