View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #30
Don T OP
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 427
Day 9:
Erg Chebbi – Dait-Erroumi - 530km.

After breakfast Jim and I said goodbye to each other and I headed north alone. The day started with 1½ hours of tracks and off road as I tried alternative route back to the tarmac recommended by the portiere at Yasmina. It was slightly easier than the route we took the day before, but twice as long.

When I finally hit the tarmac I headed into the Atlas Mountains via Midelt and Ifrane. It was superb riding surrounded by fantastic scenery all day.

Late in the afternoon I arrived in Khemisset looking for a hotel I had booked the night before. I had a hard time finding the hotel and stopped in town to ask for directions. I found a young man in a shop who spoke English and he explained that the hotel I was looking for was located 15 kilometers outside the town. He then got a friend with a scooter to guide me out of town in the right direction.
When we had reached the outskirts of town and the friend stopped and waved me on, I stopped and wanted to give him a few Dirhams for fuel and his time, but he just smiled, refused to take the money and gave me another wave before turning around and headed back into town.

Soon after I found the hotel – it was a very fancy resort- kind-of-place right next to a lake.

The view from my room:

Tomorrow I’ll start early heading for Tanger MED and a ferry back to Europe.

Don T screwed with this post 04-29-2013 at 05:33 AM
Don T is offline   Reply With Quote