View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #22
victor441
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
So I watched the video on the Nomar, to change a dirt tire. He uses regular tire spoons to mount and remove the tire, and the device simply holds the wheel in place. Am I missing something? How is that $450 better than the milk crate I use? If it removed and seated the tire easier I could see the benefit. Maybe that's just a dirt tire issue?
I don't have the Nomar but did make my own low $$$ tire changing fixture and having the wheel firmly secured and at waist level makes all the difference, tire changes are much easier. A bead breaker like their attachment is a great help too, especially on big stiff tubeless radials, also made my own from scrap. Those tools along with real tire mounting lube (Ruglyde) and some zip ties (learned to use them in another thread here) have made the whole process relatively easy and eliminated pinched tubes completely. Anyway, IMHO if you change tires fairly often it is well worth buying or building some tools for the job (and much easier on your back too ;-)

victor441 screwed with this post 04-23-2013 at 04:13 PM
victor441 is offline   Reply With Quote