View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #38
Camel ADV OP
aka Oso Blanco

Oddometer: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Great job! I remember you talking about this a while ago, great to see you got it done, and done beautifully... I expected nothing less!

If I still had a GS this would be the perfect addition to make it a viable long distance adventure bike, the other options didn't work well for me either.

think this could be made to fit a G650GS? similar shape back there...

Bravo!

-Finn
I haven't seen you around these parts for awhile. Looks like you've got a nice bike tour gig going I haven't looked at the 650 single yet but I have lots of ideas to explore once this project is up and running.

I'm hoping to be down your way this winter. We'll have to hook up for a ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbtw View Post
It looks pretty good, looks like my Giant Loop Siskiyou panniers are on the list but do you mean they could work without a rack? Can those bolts support the tank by itself? If so for next year you will have another customer :)
"Can those bolt support the tank by itself?" I'm sorry I'm not sure what you mean. The tank is mounted at the front with the 2 threaded inserts under the seat and a big beefy bracket at the back. There is no issue with the Siskiyou panniers resting against the tank. I did a test fit on an F800GS in the Giant Loop vendor booth at the Desert 100 race a few weeks ago. The exhaust supports the left pannier and our tank supports the right pannier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalsapo View Post
Nice invention for the twins, i would love to have an extra red gallon hanging from the pannier, but yours looks great.
The tank is actually two gallons

Proud member of Team Canada for the 2014 BMW GS Trophy

AT-BZ-CA-CN-CO-CR-CZ-CH-FR-DE-GB-GT-HN-IE-JP-KZ-KR-LI-LU-MX-NL-NI-PA-RU-SV-UA-US
Camel ADV is offline   Reply With Quote