View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #214
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,108
While walking near the turn 15 grandstands Duddles and I ran into our AHRMA racing buddy Keith and his son Jarred. They told us about a party Colin Edwards was having at the Geisha Bar on 6th.
So when we left the track ,that was our destination , with a short stop on the way at the Austin Speed Shop.

After a couple of miss-steps we found the Geisha Club and parked on the sidewalk out front. After a Margarita , still no Colin, then as we were about to take off, there he is. Alright ,I go up and say" A friend of mine said Colin Edwards was having a party here, do you know anything about that ?'
Big grin and a hearty handshake. I told him we'd come down from Kentucky to watch the Americans represent.
Then on Sunday dressed in our Free Kevin shirts we left the track and headed to the Gypsy Lounge on East 6th. for the Free Kevin Party.We went in , got a tall boy LoneStar and watched the end of the Rookies race with Kevin and crew. I got my shirt signed and shook the hand of a second World Champion in 2 days.

Kevin chillin' at the Gypsy

Outside as we were about to leave Kevin came out and I had a chance to ask about the time he saved a sure wreck by hooking his foot over the tail section and pulling himself back on the bike.
"Donington Park in the rain, I caught it with just the tip of my foot and got it pulled back under me ." So how did the race turn out ? "I went on to win that one. "
Amazing personalities and talents.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...xzL0A-io#t=38s
I had a great time in Austin.

bk brkr baker screwed with this post 04-23-2013 at 08:40 PM
bk brkr baker is offline   Reply With Quote