The new qualifying rules for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at road courses are as follows:
• Cars attempting to qualify will be divided into groups. The number of groups, and amount of cars in each, will depend on the number of cars that practice for the event.
• Group assignments will be based on final practice times.
• Each qualifying group will be on-track for a set period of time, determined by the Series Director.
• A car’s best lap time during the group session will be the qualifying lap time of record.
• A group’s time begins when the first car receives the green flag at the start/finish line.
Now if we could only get rid of pitting under yellow we could have a good racing series.