Thread: DR350 Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #15584
thump!
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyteller View Post
Ok, I have looked the answer to a pretty simple, probably too simple. I'm looking at two different 93 DR350s...one the more trail version that has been converted to street and one that is the "street" version with factory blinkers, ignition switch,speedo, etc.

Question is:

Do either of these have "batteries" per se, or do all the electronics (very little obviously) run on these two bikes from the stator?

The trail version has some updates I like, but I'm wanting to add a elec speedo/odo and didnt' know if the stator would support such a thing.

Either one (different sellers) for $950. Thanks!!!
Well, IF these bikes are the way Suzuki built them the street version has a 12 volt 200 watt DC charging system with regulator/rectifier a small 4AH battery. The off-road model has an 12-15 volt 70 watt AC generator with a small voltage regulator and no rectifier or battery. So, the street model will run your electronics. The offroad model would probably require some kind of rectifier to do so safely and doesn't have much excess capacity. FWIW, both engines will run without their "electrical" systems since the CDI is powered and triggered by it's own coils in the stator.

thump! screwed with this post 04-24-2013 at 12:24 PM
thump! is offline   Reply With Quote