View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #58865
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Rain delayed today, but I'm heading out tomorrow bright and early.

Ride Details:

Leave Columbus Thursday Morning; head south east on 33 and 50. Take Middle Mountain Rd and Back Mountain Rd South, eventually turning a bit west and ending at a free national park campground near the New River Gorge Bridge at the bottom of West Virginia.

Friday morning ziggy-zaggy south on state routes and small roads, ending at the families place in Greenville, SC, hopefully early afternoon.

Saturday and Sunday stay with the family in Greenville, SC

Monday morning head west into the Smokey Mountains. Do one loop of good roads there, and continue west on the Cherahola Skyway to Chattanooga. Stay with a motorcycle friend Monday night in Chattanooga.

Tuesday, head west on small roads to the Mississippi River, Stay at a free primitive campground on the River, south of Memphis; Lone Pine Campground in the St Francis National Forest.

Wednesday, keep heading west on small roads to a Zach and Carries place in Texas, north of Dallas.

Thursday, turn north on small roads into the Ozark Mountains to the very corner of Arkansas, Kansas, and Oklahoma; where Iíll pickup historic Route 66.

Follow Route 66 to St. Louis, where Iíll stare at the arch a bit, and pickup Route 40, which Iíll take all the way home.

(Thursday and Friday nights are not planned, Iíll either throw the tent up somewhere when itís time, or more preferably, find some cool old Route 66 motel to stay for cheap.) I anticipate being home SaturdayÖ but who knows!

SPOT will go live tomorrow morning: http://mikef5000.whereamiriding.com/

I'll post if I can. Talk to you all later!
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote