View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #37
kaptinkaos OP
Just some nOOb

Oddometer: 571
Wind/Buffeting

That was with an Arai XD4 on with the brim also. I generally always ride with either a Bell MX or an Arai XD3. This year was time for replacing the street lid due to age and just the nasty smell of 5 years of sweat and dirt inside the old lids, lol! An orange/white/black Bell MX-2 and a white XD4 are the new lids of choice for my oddly shaped bean. Never had a white helmet before, but it looks sharp!

The Rallye 2 suit has been a stellar performer in temps ranging from -15C to +50C with the right base layers. I have zero complaints with it and never saw the need for heated gear, but it fits my friend who is buying the Dakar and kinda just belongs with the Beemer. Might need new GoreTex liners as the cuffs and collars are frayed, but the shell is only faded a bit. This year and hopefully for many years to come I am gonna rock the Klim gear. Lots of vents, one piece GoreTex (no more liners in and out), lots of pockets and Kevlar/Cordura in the right places with full armor. I hope the leather in the knees stands up as good as the kangaroo on the Rallye 2 though...

And a pic of the day to cool off this +30 spring heat here in Albania. This is a shot from a hill a few kms south of my back door. Calgary, AB. Was just dirt roads, small creek crossings and some slab to get a feel for the bike. Was a GREAT day!

Joe
'07 F650GS Dakar (Gone to a good home!)
kaptinkaos is offline   Reply With Quote