View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #62
cliffy109
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by gharnden View Post
As I stated in my previous posting, I may not be able to wait for the new Karoo 3. Is the Mitas E-07 a good option for a 50-50 tire. I know there are postings everyway about tire options, but I simply want to know about the Mitas E-07 Dakar. The trip I will be using them for (which is what I was going to use the Metzeler Karoo 3 for) is from Missoula to Dawson up the Dempster to Inuvik back to Dawson to Tok (on the top of the world highway) and eventually back to Missoula. My obvious main concern is the Dempster as I have done the Alaska Highway several times on Metzeler Tourances being very satisfied with the tires. I know from the US, the Mitas tires come from Canada and they can be shipped with no problem other than the cost. I want to do the entire trip without changing tires. I am familiar with TKC's, Heidenau, etc. I am posting this here as you all are like me, talking and waiting for the Karoo 3. Thanks in advance for thoughts.
If you've been satisfied with the Tourance tires on the Alaska Highway, why would you think of using something different? The Tourance tires will outlast any of the dual sport tires so if anything will survive the entire distance, that is it.
cliffy109 is offline   Reply With Quote