Thread: East Texas 500
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #15
Whec716
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
The ride begins

So the hammock wasn't working for me. I don't know why, but I didn't sleep a wink. I was out of the hammock around 7 am and promptly began to play with fire.

We weren't able to leave the camp until 9am, as we had to make arrangements for the support truck.

RustyShovel finally crawled out of his tent after 8am and slowly (i mean Slowly) began to prep for the day. I think we finally left the campground around 10.

Headed to Walmart to get a headlamp and breakfast and we were on the trail around 11-1130.

So the first leg is forever long. 100+ miles.

First we encountered the cows. They were crazy. The followed us and then ran away, then followed. The even tried to run across the field to stay with us.

Click picture for video

video MVI_1646_zpsf82df93f.mp4

Then came the bridges:

The Sabine national forest was up next and as Shovel said, it was very much a contrast of life and color:

Ahhh . . . pee time:

AH, the best part of the trip. 9 mile road. Sorry I suck with the gopro, i think i only used it for 3 minutes the entire trip.

Click picture for video

Finally, the day comes to an end and it's time for this sick guy to hit the sack

[IMG] photo IMG_1661_zps0b2afc85.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG] photo IMG_1660_zpsfbf9cfaf.jpg[/IMG]