View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #25212
singletrak
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMN View Post
I recently picked up an 07 TE610 with some electrical issues(blowing fuses), ran good but would die and not re-start. Bike was very clean, 5000 miles, from the looks of it most if its life was on road. First thing I noticed was the gas tank vent was melted to the header and totally closed off, I think this is what caused the engine to die. I stripped the bike, went through and cleaned up the entire wire harness, cleaned and greased all the connections and switches. Also replaced the cam chain, the clutch bushing, checked the valves, put on some aftermarket turn signals, and installed a JD jetting kit. I noticed the clutch basket spring cups are in rough shape, they will need to be replaced very soon. I took it out for a few rides around town, runs great, no blown fuses. I like it so far, very nice bike, if it ever stops snowing here I'll hit some trails and put it to the test.

Nice bike. I saw that one on CL. Where in Northern Minnesota are you located? I have a cabin north of Virginia, I bring my TE610 (06) and ride alot of the forest roads and trails in the area.

Singletrak
singletrak is offline   Reply With Quote