View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #72
Domromer OP
Desert Rat

Oddometer: 1,084
Finally another trip to write about! I ended up taking the Vee on it's maiden voyage down to Savannah. We did 4 miles of dirt forst on a loop that goes through the Savannah National wildlife Area. We saw plenty of gators, some fish and a few various birds.

After the leaving the wildlife reserve we drove into Savannah proper. The first stop was to the back in the day cafe where I scarfed down a delicious old fashioned cupcake. No pics as I ate it too fast. It's a tasty cupcake but at $3 each they make me wince a bit...I guess I'm just that cheap.

My wife has been interviewing for a new job and she had to get on a conference call so I left her in a quiet park while I explored downtown a bit and snapped some pics. I really like Savannah. It has a real city vibe you don't find many places in the south East. I think the fact that the SCAD campus is spread over the entire city helps the whole place maintain it's fresh vibrant feel.

I found a coffe shop on one of the squares and sat down and watched the world go by. The coffee was tasty and the hipster staff was only slightly rude. I spent some time just chilling before I ambled back to the park and collected my wife.

The ride home was non eventful other than the weather was perfect and the nice evening light made the marsh look very pretty.

The first ride on the Vee was very nice. I really enjoyed the extra power over the Wee and the suspension was nicer than the wee as well.

The new Vee heading down at dirt road at the Savannah Wildlife Refuge by dsrphotography, on Flickr

This alligator was chilling on the bank of a brackish canal. I knew alligators can be in brackish water but I had never seen it. by dsrphotography, on Flickr

Two guys fishing in the canals at the wildlife refuge. by dsrphotography, on Flickr

Birds and gators by dsrphotography, on Flickr

We saw about 20 gators. by dsrphotography, on Flickr

The new Vee posing again. by dsrphotography, on Flickr

Calhoun square in Savannah by dsrphotography, on Flickr

Another pretty park in Savannah by dsrphotography, on Flickr

Cool building by dsrphotography, on Flickr

Savannah Street scene. by dsrphotography, on Flickr

Cannon square by dsrphotography, on Flickr

Inside the coffee shop by dsrphotography, on Flickr

Having a coffee and watching the world go by by dsrphotography, on Flickr

Very cool car cruises by by dsrphotography, on Flickr

Cool coffee shop worth checking out by dsrphotography, on Flickr

Funky bathroom by dsrphotography, on Flickr

Funny grafiti by dsrphotography, on Flickr

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851060 ... A desert rat explores the south.
Domromer is offline   Reply With Quote