View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 11:09 PM   #43
PhotoMotoAdv
PhotoGuy

Oddometer: 97
It looks like it will be a traffic jam indeed... I'm leaving Weston, Fl (near Ft Lauderdale) on June 23rd, planning to take 8 or 9 weeks to do the whole trip. I'm riding a 1200 GSA and decided to go solo, mainly because I'm a photographer and one of the ideas is to come back with enough photos for a possible book, and I want to feel free to stop at anytime without being a PIA for fellow riders. In any case, I'm definitely looking forward to meet at least a few inmates along the road and ride some nice roads together (until I stop for the inevitable photo op).

I haven't camped in over 30 years, so even though the plan is to camp as much as I can, it will really depend on how much cursing it will take to set up camp every night.

As for the route: from FL straight to MT, as fast as I can. From there to Calgary, Banff and the Yukon via the north route (Watson Lake, Faro, Dawson City), up to Inuvik. After Fairbanks, Prudhoe Bay (the Dempster and the Dalton are the ones I'm really looking for), Anchorage and the southern part of Alaska (Seward, Homer, Valdez), and then down via the Cassiar to Prince George, Vancouver and Seattle . The way back home is via UT, CO, TX, LA and home by mid/end August. Wish I could leave now...
PhotoMotoAdv is online now   Reply With Quote