View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #12
MTDuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Moab

Shady,

Looks like you have plans for camping.

We were down there over spring break, heading out of Bozone. What a great trip. Although on day 1 I had a get off on fins and things and tore my ACL and various other fibrous bits in my knee.

Try not to do that on day one if you can help it. It worked out though, day 2 I rode my wifes bike and could manage on pills and sitting way back on the seat to shift. Same day 3....day 4 I could ride mine but my brother had to kick it over for me....same day 5. Finally I used it into submission and the rest of the trip was fine.

Had to rest sometimes tho

Our favorite trail was Kane Creek by far but also had fun on the Top of the World, Gemeni Bridge, Chicken Corners, and lots of riding out on Sand Flats.

Best camping for us was hauling out of town on Kane Creek Road all the way out to where Kane Creek splits off to Chicken Corners. Few people, kids could ride without any BS, we felt more like we were home in MT. I highly recommend it and we had quite a large rig and got back there fine.

We will be back many more times, great fun. +1 on bringing your own beer/likker! Some random pics.....