View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #23
hammick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racegun View Post
+1 & +1 or more... and..
I road a GW for a day. I did not like the way the wind came off of the faring and whipping around to hit me in the back of my helmet... as if the passenger was pushing on my helmet from behind.

I found with a russell day long saddle, the right helmet and riding gear, I could ride 700 mile + days... forever ! That was on a 1998 R1100GS, the R1200GS are even better and I am betting the new R12ooWGS will be better yet ( save the new bike problems that seem to bother the new models for a year or so)

You should be able to ride or even rent a GS and get some good feedback to answer your questions.
I am hopeful that BMW got the new GS right from the start. It is their best selling bike. I don't recall the 2004 GS having any major problems.

I am used to riding GSAs and for my 5'9" body the windshield was great.

The windshield on the new GS is even better than the GSA for me. The air on the new GS is very clean. Less wind protection overall for the legs and shoulders than the GSA but very clean air. It's clean in in the lowest and highest position and all points in between. BMW did their homework on the design. For taller folk or people wanting a barn door, I predict there will be scores of aftermarket options. The shield comes off with four torx screws like the RT.

hammick screwed with this post 04-26-2013 at 08:55 PM
hammick is offline   Reply With Quote