View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #3
Mastodon OP
Mother F'n Dinosaur

Oddometer: 656
Chapter 2

For as sunny and bright as my ride down to Lake Norman was, my time in the city was anything but. I navigated the unlit city streets of Davidson to find a place to eat dinner. Navigating by the GPS on my phone to a place called the BrickHouse Tavern, my battery quickly fell below 8% and I started to worry about being unable to find my way back to anywhere. I gave up my quest and settled for a Fuel Pizza instead. As I placed my order and sat down to wait for my food, I was asked what I rode in on, I told him it was a Triumph Scrambler, and he began to tell me about his love of Triumphs, including his Steve McQueen edition. Dave, his wife Shannon, and I spent the dinner talking about bikes and careers, and the road trip down from DC. Seemed like nice people, and never would've met them had I taken anything but the bike.

The next morning, after my traditional BoBerry biscuit from Bojangles, I explored the area around the lake. While it was mostly subdivisions and golf courses, I found one road that interested me, and I began to wonder where Sarah Connor's road might be, before going back to my hotel and changing into my suit for the wedding.

The weeding was typical, I think. With the groom being a pilot, and the bride a flight attendant, they had chosen a travel-inspired theme, complete with programs made into paper airplanes.

It was a fun time, and a good chance to see friends I hadn't seen in nearly a decade.

The above photo of the bride and groom, along with the flower girl and ring bearer, were taken by the groom's father. He and I spent some time talking about bikes, and had been considering a Scrambler for some time. Seeing mine didn't help him any.

Mastodon screwed with this post 05-01-2013 at 11:32 AM
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote