View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #8700
wvridgerider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVdyhrd View Post
I've been meaning to get by there anyway, def wanna come ride out there with ya. She's pretty tuned in; thanks to Jeff's (but jesus they take their time)! Of course I went up 2 teeth on the front for some more downhill speed help, and shifting got a bit funky. I think I need new cabels and such to freshen it up all around. But this is perfect weather, and I'm loving it. So thanks again @wvrdgerider for the hookup on it, she's a simple bike with strong components and lets me be rough haha.

I am, pending some future decisions, also considering an FSR StumpJumper if I find one in a decent range.

@Bholmes and @rider_wv and @wvridgerider I'll probably take one of you up on it this week! I've heard the spd's are the easiest to get out of aren't they? I have funky feet so been looking at different shoes. But I do like to play on rocks and such and I won't lie Clipless make me a little nervous in the bailing off regard. I've heard the arguments and such, but I just worry about bouncing off a 40ft ledge still attached to the bike, but I think they would be awesome on ascents. I just have to find some good shoes.

And since this is technically an MC thread, lemme throw this in here

(middle mountain road -> Laurel Fork Wilderness area and campground)
I can fix your bike a lot faster than Jeff and I have great prices, usually a six pack. Let me know what you want to do. If you are bucking some drops on that bike and the frame breaks I will hook you up.if you go clip less you will not go back if you CC the bike.
Planning a long DS ride next weekend with Bob.
wvridgerider is offline   Reply With Quote