Thread: Is Mexico Safe?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #15602
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainoyster View Post
131 miles. A pretty easy day's ride from Valle de Guadalupe to Carlsbad, just North of San Diego, south of Oceanside. The border crossing was easy for me on a moto, not so easy for the folks in cars and trucks lined up for a considerable distance on both sides of the border. I can only imagine what a nightmare Tijuana must be. It took about 45 minutes to: find Banjerito, have customs and Banjercito look at the bike and clear the TVIP and get back to the line at the border. I was waved on to the front of the line and in minutes had crossed back into the US. Thank you Mexico for 4 and a half wonderful months. My knee is still a nagging problem but is getting better. Will see a Sports Medicine doc next week. Tonight box seats at the Padres v. Giants game at... is it really called Petco Park? For sentimental reasons I will be quietly routing for San Francisco, the New York Giants were a childhood fave and my San Francisco buddies are rabid fans. Nice way to re-enter the homeland and the "safety and security" of the US of A... wink, wink.
Thanks for the RR, David. Really enjoyed following along. Your report has become reference material for future trip planning. Hope to cross paths again with you in Mexico.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote