View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #3519
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 705
Heal quick, count me in for some rides when your better and I agree with the PSR rant.

I was right next the F'n toilets this year, well behind the poor guys in that motorhome, it was shall we say, fresh by the second day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Thanks Joel, folks have been most gracious in offering help and it is much appreciated. I'm having some trouble sleeping now and then..... late night posting here.... but goes with the territory while waiting for meds to kick back in.
The surgery went very well, better than I had imagined and I'm starting to feel better already with lots of help from Nancy.

With all the good advice and encouragement I'll be back in no time.

Great to hear we already have dates for next year, start the countdown!

I have to say though, PSR should be taking care of things like the trash and supplying more toilets, WE are the customers here and you're paying them more money for 1 weekend than just about anyone else for their entire year. They shouldn't be squeezing you for trash pickup money and we shouldn't have to haul out our own trash after paying to stay at a private campground resort, or having 3 toilets for 200+ people. That was gross towards the end and it was frustrating to see you scrambling to collect money for trash pick up after all the work you've done and money paid to PSR.
That place was dead each time I went through this year, I bet your event is like a months income or more.
You are the client giving them big business, I just hope you can use that to negotiate what's best for you, for the charities we are raising money for and for us poor advriders.
Now they want a cash deposit in advance from a non-profit, well established organizer like you?

Shady.

With how much cash you pay them, we could have portable toilets and showers brought into all that flat public land down by Ballarat and have the event without them...

alright, percoset kicked in, i'll stop babbling.