View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #30
y0y02369 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
Itís a very popular tourist area, with a lot of enforcement. There are not a lot of fun roads to ride unless you like main arteries.

I like back roads and going to Tahoe takes me a day. And I am ready to leave as soon as I get there. Itís a fun enough ride but a lot of work too.

Have you looked at a map of the areas you want to ride? My Zumo has improved the quality of my rides but it doesnít replace a good paper map. The Zumo makes routing easer.

We have world class riding here in the Bay Area. Everyone should be so lucky but they are not.

Anyway, if you want Tracks for the Tahoe area you likely be able to find them in the GPS forum here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37

I am not a fan of dedicated routes and rarely save them

yeah i definitely know what you mean. The summer can be hectic there because of all the stupid newbs come out in the summer I usually try to go up at the end of May or beginning June, before all the kids are let out of school for the summer. But I don't know, it's just always been a dream of mine to ride n camp up there!

I'm not fond of redoing the same routes either. Only time i do, is to plan it out. I have Nuvi but have a hard time routing maps... is the Zumo better for that kind of stuff?? Thanks for the forum though!

Ever thought of leading some rides through this area?? I have led a couple and it was awesome!
y0y02369 is online now   Reply With Quote