View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 09:57 PM   #4
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
Compared to your Tiger, the front end will feel different due to it's design but compared to the '13 GSA, it should feel pretty similar. I think the new bike feels more planted though in corners and such, but I believe that has a bunch to do with the tires as well. As for the recall, the recall affected only a few very early bikes and they were fixed. All the rest were held up at the ports before they even made it to the dealers so this shouldn't be the case. At parking lot speeds, it shouldn't be much different than the GSA. Its hard to say what you felt, but it doesn't matter really if you liked the GSA.

I'm also 6' and I have exactly the opposite feeling about the windscreen. Did you adjust it up? All the way down, it doesn't block much wind at all, but up it does block the wind fairly well and what does get around it is fairly smooth and quiet. At least that's my experience.

As for the narrowness, I grew up on dirt bikes and grip the bike with my legs. I prefer narrow, but again it's all what you're used to.