View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 12:04 AM   #215
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Oddometer: 3,171
It was a great race, congratulations to all the finishers and to the organisation for amending the problems of last year. Timekeeping & results were almost perfect (just the matter of penalties from the first two days showing up only after day 3), and the tracking worked perfectly.

I managed to cock-up my race on the last liaison of the last day. Entered the last day 5th in my class, rode like hell in the Special to get the 5th best time (despite getting lost in the middle and crashing heavily in the dust while chasing what was probably the only deaf Italian rider in the race). My result in the Special put me in 2nd in my class. I then proceeded to get a 12 minute delay penalty in the liaison, which was the tightest liaison of the whole race after 6 days of leisurely cruising on very loose liaisons. There must be a Malakas prize waiting for me somewhere.

Very happy for my friend Vassilis Boudros who won the overall after a cliff-hanger of a fight with Christian Pastori which lasted until the very last day, Vassilis rode an amazing race, and is showing excellent signs of maturing as a racer.

Big shout to young Ollie Lloyd as well, he has a very bright future ahead of him, I think he is a natural, and posted a very impressive result, I think top 7 if you subtract a massive 52 minute speeding penalty which he managed to pick up on the day we were rubbing elbows on a fast downhill section (with huge trucks coming in the opposite direction. Fun fun)

Full daily reports to follow, it was great to meet up with many web acquaintances and put faces to names, and, despite my fuck-up gotta say I am very pleased with my results and my pace which was pretty fast, maybe even too fast in some places (I have plenty of new white hairs on my head).

Bring on the next one.

Brodovitch screwed with this post 04-28-2013 at 12:24 AM
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote