View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 05:40 AM   #153
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,764
Belt thoughts: A belt that snaps is a different event than a belt that's worn narrower-that simple. Cortez suggestion to avoid the Kevlar Italian belt is helpful info-thank you for something useful. FWIW, in comparison my Kawasawki Mule(a slow moving 17hp UTV with CVT drive and pulling a heavier machine/loads at real low revs) the belt looks new @ 300+ hours and has no narrowing or cracking. I priced the belts anyway & found prices for $38 to $140+ for the same belts all made by a couple of the common drive belt mfgs in USA. I wonder how "generic" is the BV350 belt? Perhaps the cost or quality is found in one of the "regular mfgs" parts lines? Worth looking.
My interest was simply how much trouble to change & if it was costly or short lived. Seems to be answered, thanks.
I've still yet to ride one or even sit on it. My larger question for now is my short legs as I have 29" inseam. Sure, I can "ride them all" but nice to back pedal in a lot or on the roadside to not take a flying leap as it falls. Simply leaning to one side or the other isn't a solution measure. I seriously doubt that you can lower the suspension much on a scoot like lowering lings and front tube sliding on a MC? Shaving the seat would seem to be it???
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote