Thread: Brian&Jill2013
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #7
2ongs OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
the night before we leave on our big ride, I can't get the bike started. acts like a throttle body issue. I get it running after about twenty minutes but now not real confident, so I call my local BMW dealer, Irv Seaver in Orange Ca. they were great and took me in first thing in the morning and checked it out, apparently the gas lines were "loose and hitting the throttle cable".

My brother Ron and his wife wendy surprised me by showing up at Irv's and riding the first day to Sedona with us, they were on their LT. my other Brother Kirk and his girlfriend and Lynn, were already planning to ride a couple days with us and were waiting at our house.

with the delay at the shop, we only were delayed about 45 minutes from our original start time.

we got on the road about 9:00am. headed out of OC on the 91 to the 60 east and in Palm Springs took the 62 through 29 palms. hadn't taken that route before, probably don't need to again. it started to get a little warm, but at least "it was a dry heat" 100 degrees is still hot dry or not!. luckily, we got out of the heat after just a couple of hours and climbed up in elevation when we started heading up to Skull Valley off the 89, got a picture in front of the general store with a skull painted on he front of the store. dropped into the back of Prescott AZ, nice scenery and the weather was pleasant in the mid 80"s.

from Prescott, shot into Sedona and made it to the airport to catch the sunset. Sat. isn't probably the best day to do the sunset thing because when we pulled up to he little dirt parking lot, there were at least two hundred people there also waiting for the sunset. when the sun ducked behind the red mountains, people cheered like the were surprised.

lucky for us we called ahead and had a hotel, because the town was full. we found a great little Itailian restaurant. day one done, 69ish to go. all in all a good start.

[IMG][/IMG]

2ongs is offline   Reply With Quote