View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #150
Squelch
Everyday People

Oddometer: 1,101
Ok, so now I'm thinking if I sell the Buell, Triumph and Kawasaki, I should be able to buy an F700GS outright, and get a topcase for it. From what everyone's said, it seems like that would be a good bike to have. It would be new, so I wouldn't have the maintenance issues that crop up periodically with the Buell. I don't think I'd get enough out of the C14 to make it worthwhile, but the F700 would be a good balance between long-distance rides and commuting.

Edited to add - I already have a Zumo 6-something that I will take off the Buell and put on whatever bike I bring. I use Dairyland cycle insurance, but if they're not user-friendly for me in Korea I am already a USAA customer for everything else.

I've already started taking some Hangeul courses online, and it's an interesting language. I've got the alphabet down, and can figure out how words go together. Now I need to move to putting sentences together and increasing my vocabulary.

I spent a few hours washing the bikes this afternoon, and will spend another few hours tomorrow, then taking pictures, getting them ready to sell. Tuesday I'll head to the BMW dealer to find out about the F700GS. I am wondering about registering it - I don't want to pay to register it for a year, and then leave the country a month later and have to register it in Korea. I assume that the bike needs to be registered over there, right?

Squelch screwed with this post 04-28-2013 at 07:27 PM Reason: Add information
Squelch is offline   Reply With Quote