View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 09:58 PM   #313
LC Garage OP
On Any Sunday

Oddometer: 706
Weekend Update #2

So after a short ride, it was time to get back to work. Randy arrived bearing gifts, he'd painted the tank & side panels and put on numbers;

Randy got to work on the chassis;

I went to work on the fuel system, we needed a functional petcock to fit the newly painted stock tank. We had many old crusty parts to pick from;

Randy was going through and fixing and adjusting all things chassis, for instance last week when we finally found a working triple clamp, the upper was loose on the stem. Randy's solution was to make a shim;

We also agreed that the fork gaitors just looked kind of crummy, so we went back to the original fork sliders;

After sorting the chassis bits, Randy went to work on the fenders. My advice was just to clean them with scotchbrite and Randy agreed, for oh, about a minute;

Nice work Randy!

After going through three different petcocks, I found enough pieces to build one decent part...kinda. I also like to cut the stand pipes so I can run the fuel level lower in the tank and still maintain a tiny reserve;

Ready;

Randy building lower fender extension/splash shield;

Fussing with the wiring;

Randy built a nice little mount for the battery eliminator/capcitor, seen just in front of the back fender;

Getting there;

Glamor shot;

About 5 PM we decided to go on a test run and see how it worked, Randy chased on the TTR and I rode the SL350. We only got about a mile before it started running super bad, so turned around and came home. We were pretty tired and decided to call it a day. Tomorrow we would see if we could figure out what was wrong.