View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 01:31 AM   #36
VolInGA
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKip View Post
I SEEM to have trouble giving a rat's ass. If you don't know, you don't know. It's just plain silly trying to blow smoke up people's ass with speculation.

You know why my GS "seems" to have a higher seat in this pic?

Because it DOES. but it's the seat, not the bike. It also has higher bars that a stock GS or GSA and better wind protection and front brakes too.
It doesn't seem that way. It IS that way, all with aftermarket parts.
People have done a lot more with their bikes than I have, but that doesn't change the fact that a GSA is a GS with bolt on parts. If it SEEMS different, perhaps you should pay attention.

If you want the big tank there is no cost effective alternative. For everything else, there is
Based on your earlier post, the suspension travel increase is an ergonomic difference when stopped and the seat to peg distance is identical except for the nearly one inch difference(?). Both of those seem to be ergonomic differences that might benefit a taller rider, which I am. You are correct, it's silly to try to blow smoke up someone's ass with speculation when there are facts. And for the record, I was talking stock bikes.
VolInGA is offline   Reply With Quote