The standard GPS plug is switched and is a good option, but bear in mind that it will keep your connected devices "on" for more than 30 seconds even after you turn off the ignition.
There may be other better solutions, but this is what I did:
1. Installed a fuse box from Centech
2. Installed a relay
to tap switched power supply.
3. The relay is connected to the tail light (blue wire under the seat at the far rear end).
The advantages are:
1. The devices do not put load on the stock wiring, instead the devices are powered directly by the bike's battery. This is specially helpful to prevent any CANbus related faults.
2. The devices turn off immediately after the ignition is turned off. No waiting!
3. The fuse box allows me to connect multiple switched devices - GPS, radar detector, aux lights, heated gear, etc with centrally located individual fuses for each device....provides for a much cleaner install!
4. There are terminals on the fuse box to connect un-switched devices. I use this primarily for battery charging connector.