My preference was a kickstarter so no one had to part with money without getting something for it, but Kickstarter turned me down. I already raised money and returned it (at 10% cost to me) because I didn't make it clear that
without a sufficient amount the work would not be done. It is now clear. Give if you want the site to be offline as short a time as possible. Otherwise there is no telling when it comes back online. What I'm not willing to do is pay a 10% fee on all the money received if I don't get enough. There isn't a good way to do this (other than Kickstarter) that I know of and I don't care to waste my time searching one out. I am busy (which the entire problem in the first place).
Anyone who really thinks they are buying a product though is delusional. Unless I raise $100,000 I lose money on this deal. This is strictly a labor of love.
Originally Posted by Lonerrider
I think you took my post a different way than intended, or you're just not wanting to hear what I'm saying. I'm more than willing to give money to keep this site open and for use, and who said I was waiting till the end, but the way you put it out there for us to read is "If I don't get the money I need, the site will go down." As well, you state you're not going to return any money's delivered, so it really puts someone who wants to "purchase" (lets face it, that's what we are doing) DSM for future use in a precarious position of "will this thing make it or not." Make the use of the site subscription only and I'm sure you'll get the money you are owed to keep the site running and possibly make a little on the side.
That was my point, not here to argue, so I'll go back into the shadows.