View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #72
Dirt_Dad OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorito View Post
I really think you've done a great job with ride planning. It was nice to have GPX and short descriptions in one place!
Thank you. I didn't see your name on the list yet. Shall I add you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by backroadbender View Post
Planing on bring my oil and changing it myself if the bike shop would take my used oil.also need a drank pan could bring one unless Romney bike would lend me something.
I'll leave that detail between you and the dealership. One thing to keep in mind, compared to here in the DC region Romney has extremely reasonable shop rates. It might not be worth your effort to bring all the stuff. Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iw84u View Post
can i come out just for the group ride on saturday? when/where is the meeting spot? is there a cost for this event?
Coming out for Saturday is fine, and there is no cost. Meeting spot would be Romney Cycle. The "when" part is a bit harder to answer.

We have individuals going out on their own. We have three group ride leaders doing three different rides, and I would bet some people will decide to group up and do their own mini-group ride. So "when" is really hard to say. For example, if I have five guys missing a screw or two and they want to do the full technical ride then we might be out of there as early as 7am to go get breakfast somewhere in town. But if common sense prevails we may not get rolling for breakfast until 8am. The other ride leaders will need to determine how much time they need and when to get rolling. I'm sure a lot of those details will be hammered out over a few beers Friday evening. I don't imagine anyone is leaving the dealership before 7am, but that could also be way early. Your guess is as good as mine.

It's almost here. The weather forecast keeps getting better. Let's hope that trend continues.
2013 Suzuki DR650SE
Dirt_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote