View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #3263
Canadian_Bacon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 180
Having never been offroad before in my life I did this course last year and learned more about riding a bike in one day than 5 years of riding on the street. Having access to the entire Wildrose park was a pretty great experience too. Highly recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan1 View Post
After having the course recommended by a few fellow riders I decided to give it a shot. The weather was crap by lunch time and got worse by the end, but other than that it was a great day. For me, it served to help hone skills that I had already been working on but in a safe environment. The instructors were very analytical and encouraging and did a good job of keeping us working. The warm up exercises were strange, but designed to test your control and handling of your machine, and perhaps your fitness level. Lots of bikes had low speed drops (I did once) but no one hurt since we were all wearing good gear. It was a blast being able to play on the whole of Wildrose Motor Sport Park, which (unless you are a moto-crosser) will otherwise never happen. The wind, dust, and snow made it extra challenging, but it beat a day in the office hands down.

Cudos to Richard, Trevor , JR, and Roz for putting on a great course!

Thankfully the roads were only wet going home after the course finished.

Link: http://www.blackfootonline.com/euro_bmw_gs_training.php
Canadian_Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote