View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #10
B_C_Ries
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,390
It worked out really well on a 2 stroke triple with mikunis, also worked great on a GS 750E with an 840 kit with 11 to 1's and Andrews cams that put max power at 14,000 rpm, power wheelies at 100 mph. I also have alot of experience setting up Holleys on muscle cars, but unless you get brave with a drill you mainly mess with main jets, power valves, accelerator pumps and secondary springs, no specific midrange jetting adjustment.
But there might be some different issues with CV carbs.

I haven't jetted My R100/7 because it seems to be running real well with the jets it came with,

I suppose it is worth mentioning that I was really into hotrodding/ motorcycles and street racing in the late 70's real early 80's. I did most of my performance tuning and racing at night. If you jet for cold night air you will go richer as it warms up. And richer mixtures will keep your valves/ heads and piston tops cooler. On the other hand if you get things perfect when it is hot outside you can go lean and burn up a motor as it cools off outside and air becomes more dense.

B_C_Ries screwed with this post 04-30-2013 at 09:30 PM
B_C_Ries is online now   Reply With Quote