View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 03:44 AM   #61
alongat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 617
Thanks again. I assume that this top clamp will NOT interfere with the ignition key, right? I want to retain the steering lock so I don't want to relocate the key to the top of this HDB clamp. I did see one of the top clamps (ADV, not ADVx) that seems to provide holes for switches, etc and does NOT relocate the key switch - that would be my preference, I'm just worried that my key switch in its stock location may become somewhat inaccessible - any idea? Also, I noticed that HDB also offers lower clamps for use as Scotts sub-mounts and it seems like a really inexpensive alternative to replacing the entire top triple clamp with the style that is more common to Scotts mounts. Any thoughts on that? I have been debating a steering damper - not so much for off road though I recognize that it does help but for higher speed travel when I switch to 19/17 wheel setup (reduced trail as a result of the wheel change, etc.) - I do not want high speed wobbles, head-shake, etc later on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptinkaos View Post
Stock ones are 90x38/40, but I won't have stocks. I think mine will be 109, just waiting an email back about the spacing. When I find out I'll post it up. GPSCentral.ca might have what I need so I might be able to get what I need there. Also, anything listed under adv or fat bars will work with the stock clamps. :) I'll poke around some and post when I get back to my laptop... I hate typing on my phone, hahaha!

And how can this be? For he is the Kwisatz Haderach!
alongat is offline   Reply With Quote