View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 03:57 AM   #4
KevinC OP
Looking for the hoard

Oddometer: 2,026
Thursday 31st May

Ready to head off the Keswick I had, naturally, been checking the weather forecast all week and it had looked okay but, being a cynical soul, I took a look at the rainfall radar that morning to see if they'd been right and oh dear.

Nothing much I could do other than remember the old maxim, if you ride a bike in Britain you'll get wet, deal with it, so I set off from my digs in Cambridge,

and headed up the A1.

I met the rain at Newark and from then on it was a wet slog all the way to Keswick where I arrived rather early so I took a damp loop round Bassenthwaite and had a bit of a rest,

but to be honest I was feeling somewhat bedraggled,

so headed to my hotel rather early where I was given the sort of welcome to cheer up anyone's day.

One question was resolved, in my usual room the bathroom has hooks in the ceiling above the bath which I'd always wondered about, turns out they're for hanging up your bike gear to dry!

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." - Oscar Wilde
KevinC is offline   Reply With Quote