Thread: The Roxy Report
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #21
zekester63 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 472
So off we were after a great lunch, heading from Tahlequah to Qualls, OK. Qualls sounds like a town, but itís really just a couple of buildings. It was paved all the way to Qualls, but from that point it was all unpaved. Some really nice roads to explore on. A deer shot out in front of me along the way, but fortunately far enough ahead that I didnít need to stop and change any garments. This was a nice, paved road full of hills and twisties, but after seeing the deer, Iíd probably not try to straighten out any of the curves any time soon.

After a few miles in one direction we came to an area I had marked on my tracks that might not be passable, but it was actually fine. This is the sort of thing that makes DS rides fun to me. So we crossed it (just to cross it) and turned around and headed back to Qualls. I wish we had more time to explore this area, but we still had quite a long ride home yet that day, so we kept it fairly short.

Coming back out of the WMA, I saw this sign:

From there we rode Indian Road along the west side of Tenkiller Lake, until we got to Highway 10A. From there itís west towards Greenleaf State Park.
zekester63 is offline   Reply With Quote