View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #48
ciedema
мотоциклист

Oddometer: 1,909
Okay I am about 6" and ride my 990 on everything from the interstate to washed out forest roads. I always ride with a tank bag. At the moment I am riding everyday from 200 up 500 miles a day. Today I did 350 miles (Mountain Home to Bend). I normally have no issue with buffeting.

So a couple of observations I made today thinking about this issue.

1) If sit back about 4" further than I normally do I get buffeted about enough that it would bother me within say half an hour. This is with arms stretched right out.

2) You do get blow about a fair bit on this bike with moderate head and cross winds.

3) One thing I have noticed riding the US, anywhere it is relatively open (Think Southern AZ, High Desert, Mid West) that is it constantly windy compared to other parts of the world I have ridden (Russia, Central Asia, Mongolia, Australia), this at times make riding the big girl a little tiring, in line with point #2.

4) Following anything big (truck, RV) creates a nice vortex that buffets me badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650L_Dave View Post
The only guaranteed route to failure is the attempted solution of problems through the application of ideology.

ciedema screwed with this post 05-01-2013 at 07:21 PM
ciedema is offline   Reply With Quote