View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #414
melville
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,298
Here we go:

Didn't know this one was here until Mrs. melville and I did this (we are humspuds on that site):

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...spx?wp=GC45AW2

For those of you who can't see that one, here's the text:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruhn, over to GeoCaching
On January 4, 1860 SS Northerner sailed for the last time from San Francisco on it's regular route to Victoria and Olympia with the mail and 108 persons on board, 58 passengers and 53 crew. The ship hit a submerged rock two miles off Cape Mendocino, and from there drifted to the Centerville Beach where it wrecked January 6, a few miles south of the entrance to Humboldt Bay. Thirty-eight people died: 17 were passengers and 21 crew. Seventy others made their way through crashing surf to shore and were aided by local people including Seth Kinman and Augustus Berding.
Not sure what to say about the UFO. There was some super secret Navy stuff going on in the vicinity, but that was years ago.
Call me Mel. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me at home, I thought I would ride about a little and see the other parts of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation.
melville is offline   Reply With Quote