View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 06:33 AM   #134
sturgeon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgeon View Post
1,200 miles on mine so far, S.Ont. to NC on every type of twisty road known. Wet, dry, loving it so far. :

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
And home again after a week; 3,400 km of cold, rain, floods, bike repairs (not mine) and a generally excellent time. Pretty sad to ride that far south and have to come back to Canada to get some warmth and sunshine. I hit some high point in Tennessee south of Erwin where it was raining so hard I could barely see, and the temp was 5C (that's 41F for my southern pals). I was shedding so much water, they put those yellow warning signs around me when I stopped in at a McDonalds to warm up

I'm really loving the preload on this thing; it came set exactly for my weight with riding gear and carrying nothing else, at the lowest setting. Carrying enough stuff for a one-week camping trip (I pack light), I only needed to use about 1/3 of the available range. I'd have had the stock shock just about maxed out. (And forget about adjusting for carrying a passenger on that thing). The other improvements are more subtle, but it made for a very enjoyable ride. My only complaint is the hose clamps used to attach the reservoir. They're already starting to rust a bit, and I couldn't find an orientation for them that made me happy. The band is fine, it's just the screw mechanism that's bad, so far. Time to start the hunt for something a bit better. And I'd be interested in hearing what others are doing in that regard.

All in all, well worth the money. Again, thanks to Josh for doing all the work on this!